Monday, July 27, 2009

Money Monday

From the time I moved out to go to college until just a few years ago, I struggled with the idea of giving. Well, i guess I still do from time to time. But I have learned a lot on the subject, and that leads me to my tip today. It is extremely important to be generous. Our preist says that there are a handful of principles that get repeated over and over in scripture, and one of these principles is, you reap what you sow, or an eye for an eye. These two examples relate to consequences of sin and brokenness, but Jesus shows us the other side of this coin in the sermon on the mount. He says "be merciful, ad your Father is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged. Condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned. Forgive, and ye shall be forgiven. Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Now, I am not saying that this is a way to get rich. I'm not saying you can assume God will give you money, so you can do whatever you life with what you have. I am saying that God tells us that one of his principles is to reward a generous giver. In essence, we reap what we sow.
Now, with all that said, I know of an incredible cause that is in pretty time sensetive need of some funds. If any of you have been feeling led to give, please call me or email me and I'll explain it to you in more detail. Just putting it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment