Friday, July 24, 2009

Dad Fail Friday- Escher Meets Freud

I have a calendar on my desk at work that shares a trivial fact with me every day. Most days it fails at impressing me, but today is not one of those days. I will quote it verbatim.

“At age forty-seven, the Rolling Stones’ bassist, Bill Wyman, began a relationship with thirteen-year-old Mandy Smith, with her mother’s blessing. Six years later, they were married, but the marriage only lasted a year. Not long after, Bill’s thirty-year-old son, Stephen, married Mandy’s mother, age forty-six. That made Stephen a stepfather to his former stepmother.”

Wow. I’ve decided to represent this graphically, and I think you’ll agree that when you mess with genealogy too much it starts to look like an M.C. Escher piece from when he was five…or maybe an interdisciplinary piece of art designed by both Escher and Freud.



Dad tip of the day? Don't marry an adolescent!

No comments:

Post a Comment